Monday, June 02, 2008

Super Sunday with our kiddies. After breakfast, Mike and I went to Radio Shack to get a cable for the new flat-screen monitor, then to Acme for lunch stuff to go with the big salad I had made. We stopped at the clubhouse to re-measure the tables in preparation for June 21. The count is now at 53 adults and 4 children, and I think we're going to end up with 70 or so--yoicks!
Mike was able to get the new computer screen hooked up quickly and, boy, what a difference. The other monitor was so deep, I had to have it at an angle on the right of my desk calendar. Now it fits directly in front of me and I love how it looks.
Alison and her Mike bopped in about noon. The two of them had already run ten miles that morning, but, ho-hum, what else is new?
We had a good lunch and even better talk around the kitchen table, watching the bluebird couple busily going back and forth. Mike B. got his huge, incredibly sophisticated (and expensive) camera and took pictures of them. He can zoom in on the digital display instantly and we saw close-up, magazine-quality images of our beautiful birdies.
While the guys did something or other with the computer, Alison and I firmed up plans for the anniversary bash. She's coming down on Saturday and we'll go to the new B.J.'s in Manahawkin to look for supplies.
All three left about 5:00, Mike to go back to Manhattan for a week of business meetings. I was sorry to hear he won't be able to come back in August when Patrick and Natsue are here, but I understand. The new baby will be only a month old, so it will just have to be the other three visiting then.
Ellen called on the web cam just as I was talking to Betty, who I'll be with tomorrow for her brunch. Ellen and I had a good talk for almost an hour and she showed me the new patio set she bought from a colleague. I was horrified to hear that her maintenance fee has gone up from $380--bad enough--to $420 a month! However, it includes any necessary repairs to the outside of her townhouse, such as roof, so that makes it a little more palatable.
Friend Mary S. called; I had invited her to go on the hike with me today, but she isn't able. We hope to get together for hikes soon.
Busy day, my best kind, especially when it's filled with family.

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...