Friday, June 20, 2008

Yesterday was good, if a tad hectic. Left Pat's lunch and set up his car for the bay, then drove to Egg Harbor City to pick up the rented tablecloths. After that, I took back the too-small dress to Boscov's and decided on a different dress with longer sleeves that hide my batwing arms. I'm not crazy about it, but everything else is made for teenyboppers--so what else is new?
Got to Somers Point a little early for the noon lunch date and stopped at the Fashion Bug nearby. Saw some interesting possibilities, but didn't have time to try anything on and hopped over to Applebee's.
Found a few of the lunch ladies already there. I had met most of them before (besides Betty and me, there were six) and enjoyed seeing them again. Ordered a scrumptious "California Shrimp" salad and a Coors Light (the renegade--only one who had an alcoholic drink) and devoured every morsel and drop. Yum, was that good.
After, I told Betty I'd take her home, but we first went back to Fashion Bug and I tried on a few dresses. No, no, and no-no-no. Took B. home, and stayed awhile drinking ice water on the porch.
Got home and put leftover hot dogs and beans in the microwave for Pat. Gulped some down myself, not bothering to heat it up. Frank D. dropped off his cooler and we chatted a bit, then I went to my 5:30 haircut appointment. Immediately after, drove to Kohl's in Manahawkin for a last-ditch effort to find something I like better than what I bought for the party. No luck, and I just bought panty hose and earrings.
Finally came to rest on the couch at 8:00, gratefully sipping my wine with Keith Olberman and "Countdown." Slept like a log and no wonder.
Party's TOMORROW--yoicks!

No comments:

Friday

Weight: stayed the same at home (125.4) and at T.O.P.S. was up an inconsequential .06 to 125.4. Maria brought a guest and we had a fairly in...