Friday, June 27, 2008

Much fun with the little boys yesterday. Got to their place at 11:00 to find that Jen had to go to the doctor's; friend Jason went with her. I entertained--and was entertained by--Joely while Tristan continued his nap.
Joely is a big talker. He told me all about his recent adventures in Almost Six Land, showed me his yearbook (he just graduated from kindergarten), and we did a "reading readiness" book I had brought him. I made him a cheese sandwich and we ate lunch while we discussed making bugs with a bug kit he has (don't ask).
"T" woke up in about an hour, I put him in his high chair, gave him some munchies, and Jen got in shortly after. We then took off for the park across the street. I pushed T in the swing while Jen, Joely, and Jason dropped their lines in the water. Before long I was called over to see the fish Joely caught. He got quite a few, all small, and the order of the day was "catch and release," but he was pleased and proud.
I took T for a walk in his stroller, then we went back to the house.
Jen had bought, and now blew up, a big ball that attaches to the hose. It has openings that allow it to spray out water and Joely enjoyed getting soaking sopping. However, T wanted no part of it, as it scared him to feel the spray. I stayed with the boys while Jen went for her prescription and to the store, enjoying holding T while he drank a bottle, and listening to Joely's chatter.
I left about 3:30 after a wet, dirty, messy, wonderful day. Got home to find that Betty had called. Rang her back to hear she had gone with Carolyn, Dana, and the kids to Patrick's and Susan's in Baltimore. Frank and Marybeth were already there and that contingent will meet us in D.C. for the party on Saturday. (P. and S. have a huge--and beautiful--house, and seven guests don't even use up the extra bedrooms.)
Called Larry to tell him he doesn't have to pick up Betty. He said he and Helen may come to our place today instead of tomorrow, staying over two nights, and we could get an earlier start. Told him that would be fine with me; the guest room is always available and I'd be happy to have them. He'll let me know.

No comments:

Tuesday And Noreen

I had planned to go to Verizon first before my lunch with Noreen. It's down Mills Street from the mall, where the transit center is, too...