Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Took the tablecloths back to the rental place in Egg Harbor City, then drove down to meet sister Betty and friend, Betty M., at Boscov's. Got there at 12:30 and we went right over to Salad Works for lunch. I had a great salad--you pick your own contents and I chose spring mix, chick peas, onions, hb eggs, and grated carrots--half of which I took home for later.
Betty said that Frank, Marybeth, Patrick, and Susan had left for Baltimore on Monday. Carolyn and family were invited to join them, then would go to Jim's fiftieth in D.C. from there. If they go, Betty will, too. She asked me to drive over to Circuit City so she could buy a naviagator to keep her SIL Dana, the driver, from getting lost on the way. I did after Betty M. left, then drove Betty home.
We sat on her porch chatting, then said goodbye. I'll see Betty on Saturday, either when Larry takes us both to D.C., or at the upcoming party. On the way home, I stopped at Mary H.'s, an old HSHS friend, to say hello. She just got back from her grandson's graduation in Vegas and I stayed for twenty minutes or so to catch up.
After dinner, Leslie and I went to the "Grief and Healing" group at the Methodist Church. This is a monthly gathering for those who have suffered some kind of loss, and it was a good session. Didn't get home until almost 9:00--practically the middle of the night for me--had my usual, and slept well.

No comments:

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...