Saturday, June 28, 2008

Brother Larry called early to say he and Helen had decided to stick to their original plan and would come pick me up today. Packed my bag and am all ready.
Zipped down to Santori's after lunch and loaded up with lettuce, tomatoes, zucchini, red onions, and feta, along with a huge cantaloupe, four pints of blueberries, and big loaf of whole wheat. Stopped at Shop-Rite after and managed to buy a cart-load of other stuff, as usual.
After I put away the goodies, I changed and went to the pool. Considering the heat, I was surprised to see only a handful of people, including my friend, Amy, with whom I hung out. The water felt sublime.
Got home as Pat did from the bay, made chicken for dinner, and heard from Alison after. She and Mike were just back from Lake Placid. Would they skip leading their 10- or 12-mile Friday Night Hike in order to rest up from their running, hiking, mountain-climbing vacation? Why of course not--she called as they were on their way.
Got a web cam call from Mike; called Patrick to wish him happy 49th birthday. Am almost all packed; must make Pat's lunch, lay out his clothes, and so on. There's come confusion about whether Pat will go to Joely's birthday party. He may drive my car up to Alison's and go, but maybe not. He and Alison can decide. In any event, she'll stay over tonight while I'm in Washington.

1 comment:

iloveac said...

Rosemary,
You are probably on your way as I type.
No need to wish you to have a super good time....I know you will. Enjoy.

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...