Thursday, May 22, 2008

The Women's Club fashion show/luncheon was terrific. Weather was warm and sunny, just right for the beautiful setting at Smithville Inn. I picked up Susan and Marge, who helped me with the stuff I had to bring--two outfits with a total of six components, a large tote bag with my shoes and other accessories, and a straw hat.
Lunch was good. I enjoyed salad, salmon, and string beans, along with a glass of White Zinfandel, but skipped the potatoes, roll, and dessert. (Carbs seem to trigger my appetite.)
It was fun to model, especially when Irene, the commentator, mentioned my weight loss. She noted that last year, the clothes I modeled were sizes 1 and 2 x, and this year were 10 petites. I liked the clothes, but decided not to buy them, as I already have a lot of summer things.
We got home about 3:30. When Pat came in from the bay, he said his buddy, John, had gone to Motor Vehicle with him to get the car inspected--so nice of him!
I couldn't get to Joe Clark's funeral yesterday, but decided to go to the burial today in Holy Cross Cemetery, Mays Landing.

No comments:

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...