Sunday, May 04, 2008

Went to Kohl's again and practically cleaned them out of size 10s (oh, I never miss a chance to record my size!). Got no fewer than seven tops--all great-looking, but inexpensive--and a pair of sneaks.
With the price of gas, I felt downright guilty for driving home from WW in Manahawkin (8 miles), having breakfast, then waiting for Pat to be settled in his morning nap before driving right back. I need to pull in the purse strings now and will turn my attention to that when I get back from California.
Went to Foodtown in Galloway for groceries and that's another thing: It's 10 or 12 miles away, as opposed to Acme, which is only a mile or two. Just to indulge my mild desire for new adventures (grocery shopping, for heaven's sake!), I again piled on the gas consumption. Must stop that here and now.
I've started assembling my stuff to pack. I hope the main suitcase--a humongous one on wheels Mike gave Pat for his birthday years ago when he was still able to travel--is okay to bring on the plane. Measured it and will check U.S. Air's web site.
Brother Frank and SIL Marybeth wrote to announce the birth of their new grandson: Roan Lyndon, who joins his two big brothers in California. What joy to hear of new life in the family!
Rest of day was pretty mundane and low-key, but good. Alison called to discuss our plans for my trip and her occupation here--four more days, so I'd better get organized.

4 comments:

iloveac said...

Let's see how you can conserve on gas. You and Susan can change the usual course of your morning walk to the Acme and back. The groceries will take the place of weights. What do you think of that Miss Size 10? I think I'll have to be dead a few years before I shrink to a 10.

I believe you told me that my good friend Lois W introduced Frank to Marybeth. Did Marybeth go to Chestnut Hlll with Lois? I remember meeting a friend of Lois' at Chestnut Hill with that name. It may have been your SiL. Small world. Anyhow, anyway congrats on again being Auntie Ro.

I'm getting excited about your trip. Hope you blog every few days. Betty amd Dee seem to have let it go...."what will I do Rhett?" Don't answer that.

Mimi said...

Actually, Marybeth went to school in Ireland and spent ten years in the convent there. Just remembered, now that you mentioned Lois, George said she might be here in June. If Frank and MB come for our anniversary, they can see her.
As for walking to Acme instead of our usual, good idea but considering what I usually buy, I don't think I could make it home. Maybe I do it in addition to the morning walk, though.
Guess I can blog in California on Ellen's computer; will see how it goes.

iloveac said...

I just sent an email to Lois to find out when she might be in SJ. Thanks for that tip.

Anonymous said...

Walking to ACME- you could get one of those folding shopping carts on wheels. I used one when I lived in NYC. You can load 4 bags of groceries into the larger ones if you have to.

If you can describe a suitcase as "humongous," you can bet they won't let you bring it INSIDE the plane, though you should be able to check it without any problems. They may charge you if it weighs over 50lbs, and I hear tell they now charge for bag #2 that you check.

There is a fantastic outlet mall in Camarillo near Ellen's, so don't completely buy out your local Kohl's.

Thursday

Up and at 'em after a pretty good sleep. Didn't do a whole lot in the morning besides making my lunch. Left about 10:30 to meet Dian...