Sunday, May 25, 2008

On a warm and pleasant Saturday, stopped at a parking lot yard sale at Pinelands Regional H.S. Saw nothing I wanted, but enjoyed it. Guess yard-saling has become a rite of spring.
Was happy to get an e-mail from Mike saying he'll be here next Saturday, not Sunday, and will stay over. I was going to go to the International Dinner with Susan and Walter that day, but will skip. Called Alison and she and her Mike will come down to see her brother, too.
Great good news from Florida brother Larry: He called to say he and Helen are flying into Philly for Virginia brother's anniversary party and would rent a car, then pick Betty and me up! This is terrific, as I really didn't want to drive to D.C., although I did it two years ago for Jim's 80th. Larry asked me to make reservations at the Hampton Inn, which I did for the three of us. (Betty is flying back to California from Washington.) This will be on June 28th, a week after our anniversary party. It's also little Joel's sixth birthday, which I'll miss, I'm afraid. I figure he'll have other birthdays, but Jim and Therese will have only one fiftieth. I wish Larry could be at our party, also, but two of their daughters are graduating--from graduate school, I think--and they naturally want to be there. When D.D. Alison heard this, she immediately said she'd stay over with Pat on the 28th.
Found a recipe for an appetizer called "Manhattan Meatballs": tiny, one-inch meatballs cooked in apricot preserves and barbecue sauce. Think I'll make that for the H.'s party tomorrow.

2 comments:

iloveac said...

Sounds like June will be a whirlwind of fun activities for you....lots to look forward to.
Is it the 50th or 60th anniversary for Jim and Therese?

Those meatballs sound yummy...you'll have to try one for taste...let me know how they are.

Mimi said...

It's the 50th for Jim and Therese, too. They were married just one week after we were in '58. Their wedding was the first social affair we went to as a married couple just back from our honeymoon.
Don't you worry--I intend to sample everything at the party!

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...