Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Yesterday was great fun. Got my hair cut in the morning, then ran home to enhance the color. (Now what do they call that? Oh, yeah, a dye job.) Jumped in the shower, made Pat's lunch, had a bite myself, then went off to the clubhouse to sit in on the Drama Club rehearsal.
It was gratifying to receive the warm welcomes from my old group, not to mention the excited exclamations at my appearance. I just happened to have dressed to knock their eyes out: wore slim black pants with a gold-studded belt, a magenta blouse, low-rise boots, and my snazzy white jacket, all new. Had makeup and jewelry on, too, of course. Even better than the compliments, though, was to hear "we miss you" from so many of them.
The show, for which I was the sole member of the audience, was funny and I know will be a big hit, although it still needs work. I laughed and applauded in all the right places, praised my friends for their theatrical talent, and left to get home before Pat was back from the bay.
Got the mail and was charmed to receive an elegant and beautiful handmade Mother's Day card from my dear Japanese daughter-in-law. She's so creative and talented--can't wait to meet her in August.
Left Pat's dinner and met Viv in Manahawkin at 5:00. We both had tilipia, which was okay, but nothing special. That didn't matter because we had such a great time talking and talking, letting our hair down, and confiding in each other. I got home a little after 7:00 and, after such a good day, felt I was on vacation already.
Tomorrow: CALIFORNIA!

3 comments:

iloveac said...

Rosemary,

I bet you looked like a billion dollars ..a million is peanuts anymore.

Can't believe tomorrow is your big day. I can feel your excitement. Do have a wonderful time.....come home refreshed looking forward to the big June celebration.

Take your Ativan and enjoy the fluffy clouds outside your window.

Mimi said...

Ho, ho, you don't think I sit by the window, do you? Won't look at the clouds, but will enjoy my own drug-induced cloudiness. Fear not, I'll take only a handful of Ativan. Joke--will try one, then maybe add a half, if needed.
Pat, you're not afraid to fly, are you?

iloveac said...

Yes I am. However, once I get airborne I'm pretty much OK. It's like I know I have no control so I give it up. Don't like turbulence tho'. Thank goodness for Ativan.
p.s. I used to dread flying when I was an AF Flight nurse (reserves). Finally said to myself..why am I putting myself thru this....so gave it up.

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...