Sunday, May 11, 2008

Spent most of the day with Ellen setting up for the garage sale. Mike and entourage got here about 4:00. Had a ball with precious Vivian. Got Mexican for dinner and they didn't leave until about 10:00. We have reservations for dinner tonight. Will try to update later, as it's garage sale time!
Later: We haven't exactly had to beat off customers with a stick, but we did have several who bought a fair number of things. Also met several of Ellen's neighbors, all very nice. Must go out there again; hope we can drum up some business.
Still Later: The sale turned out quite a success after all. Mike and company blew in from Santa Barbara about noon and we actually had a number of customers after that. A lot of their stuff was sold, notably most of Paula's art supplies (from ten years ago), including a mat cutter, a blueprint table, portfolios, and so on. The big sale was Ellen's: her dining room table and chair set went for $75--she would have taken $50, but they didn't ask.
I made a quick vegetarian lunch of salad, spaghetti squash, and broccoli and we all ate that along with left over guacamole from last night. Betty called early and, with her daughter, DIL, and grandchildren, we'll all converge on Mike and Paula at The Cheshire Cat tomorrow.
Alison called to wish me Happy Mother's Day and I did the same. Talked to Pat and all seems okay in Little Egg.
Mike had to go through an enormous amount of stuff to see what Ellen or I wanted, and what should be saved or thrown away. He, of course, wanted to dump everything, Paula wanted the opposite, but they finally got it sorted. He'll pack up and ship back to Singapore an enormous amount of stuff. I took a sweater made in Peru that I want to wear to show Genny when I see her in Conversational English, plus oil and vinegar container, and a few other things. The ones I like most are self-portraits in charcoal Paula did as an undergraduate. I took two, plus a nice study of a model (clothed).
While Mike got the mountain of trash contained and Paula took a nap, Ellen, Nanny Vickie, and I took the little live-wire to a nearby playground (actually just slides). She's very athletic and slid, swung, jumped, and went hand-over-hand with great pleasure.
M., P., V., and V. left about 4:00 and I jumped in the shower. Got dressed and now we're about to meet M. and P. (just the four of us) at the Pierpoint for dinner, courtesy of Moneybags Mike.
Having the time of my life.






2 comments:

iloveac said...

So glad you are adding to your blog. I am vacationing vicariously via your musings.
I can see you with Vivian.
What a special Mother's Day for Mike and Ellen to be there with you. Enjoy!

Mimi said...

Thanks, Pat. Yard sale turned out to be a great success. Too busy to blog much!

Tuesday And Noreen

I had planned to go to Verizon first before my lunch with Noreen. It's down Mills Street from the mall, where the transit center is, too...