Monday, May 05, 2008

Yesterday, I scrubbed the kitchen floor and did it up right: moved the chairs, baker's rack, corner piece, and plants out, then got down on my hands and knees with an old-fashioned scrubbing brush. It looks good, I must say. I then swept/mopped the foyer and center hall, which are real wood, not Pergo, and did a few other chores.
After lunch, I continued my buying blitz with several more tops, a bathing suit, some undies, and a hose and nozzle. Yes, yes, I went back to Manahawkin, so shoot me. Got home just as Pat did from the bay, and when we went in the house, the aroma from the barbecued ribs simmering in the crock pot was sublime. Savoring it didn't cost me any calories and I enjoyed salad, yams, and leftover fish for dinner.
Had a happy and lively "talk and see" with Ellen and we planned excitedly for my visit. Mike's stuff arrived and is piled in her garage and living room, which she was able to show Pat and me via the web cam. We also met the handyman she hired, Leonard, who seems very nice and has a good sense of humor.
Got an e-mail from Marge. She is, of course, the founder and director of the Drama Club, and a good friend. I let time get away from me and haven't yet sat in on rehearsals (the show will go on while I'm away), and am not sure I'll be able to now. Today, I'll take Pat to the doctor at Fort Dix, tomorrow I have a haircut and dinner with Viv scheduled, and on Wednesday, I'll probably go to lunch with Hazel. Told Marge I may be able to stop in just for a time today or tomorrow.

No comments:

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...