Friday, May 02, 2008

Got a lot of stuff crossed off my (hypothetical) "to do" list. Had the blood test done at Lab Corps and got home before Pat was up at 8:00. We were having breakfast when we were pleased to get a call from Patrick. Pat and I had good chats with number one son and enjoyed catching up on his and N.'s busy lives. They'll be here in August--yay!
Left Pat a sandwich for lunch and drove to Penney's to get outfits for the fashion show.
Last year, I was in a size 22 and had to shop in Women's. The crap they were selling was hideous beyond description: ugly, unbecoming styles and flimsy, cheap-looking fabric. I finally went up to the Lawrenceville Penney's and got a pant suit and skirt.
I was pleasantly surprised yesterday to find a lot of attractive clothes in size 10. Oh, ye-e-ah, size 10; that'll tell you something. Corporate America concentrates on teeny-boppers because they spend all the money. Large-sized old ladies can just cover themselves with sheets for all they care.
It was, I admit, nice to try on so many clothes that not only fit, but looked good. In fact, I found an embarrassment of riches; by the time I finally chose two, I was sick of trying on clothes. I selected a matching black and white skirt and short jacket, and added a white blouse. For the second outfit, I picked Capri pants in persimmon with a wide belt (love those belts!), which I matched with a striped shirt and jaunty white jacket. The models have to leave their outfits at Penney's, then Irene W., the chair, will pick them up all together. Ho-ho, the sales person who received them commented in alarm that I had more than two outfits--I had gotten the blouses and white jacket from different areas--but noticed the world was still turning and agreed to allow it.
On my way home, I went to Santori's for my veggie supplies (yams, broccoli, tomatoes, Kirby cucumbers, and feta) and realized Atlantic Imaging is right down the road, so stopped there for my thumb x-ray (you don't need an appointment).
Got home about 2:00 while Pat was still at the bay and immediately made a zucchini casserole, then a big batch of crystal pickles. Barb H. had borrowed my crockpot (60th birthday party for her sister, relatives only) and returned it with a container of her delicious chili, which I had for dinner two nights in a row (Pat doesn't like it). I want to give her some pickles when I give back the container.
Made Pat a nice summer dinner: hamburgers in buns, devilled eggs, sliced tomatoes, and scalloped potatoes. I had Barb's chili and my z. casserole.
Got an e-mail invitation to the H.'s Memorial Day party, which I hope to attend. Can Pat? I just don't know at this point. Made a date to meet Viv for dinner on Tuesday; can't wait to see her. Talked to Leslie; she and Dennis will leave for Mississippi tomorrow to continue their volunteer work with the church (Methodist) helping the victims of hurricane Katrina. Chatted with Alison and we discussed logistics for my trip and Pat's visit to her place.
Good day overall, especially getting the clothes for the fashion show, which was weighing on my mind.

No comments:

Tuesday And Noreen

I had planned to go to Verizon first before my lunch with Noreen. It's down Mills Street from the mall, where the transit center is, too...