Saturday, May 31, 2008

After buying some unmentionables in Manahawkin (that's where you go for unmentionables around here), got home, made Pat's lunch, saw him off to the bay, and walked over to Marge's for the BP thing. She took it with both conventional and wrist devices in my right and left arms and the numbers came out 136/84, 133/81124/76, and 131/90, so pretty good, I guess.
Barb H. had asked Susan and me if we wanted to go on an Ocean County Park van tour (blueberries and cranberries) in July and I went to pay the $14 fee. Unfortunately, the van is already filled and I had to put all three of us on the waiting list.
Stopped and got a beautiful hanging plant in rose and white "superbells." The flowers look like tiny petunias, but don't require constant dead-heading, which I find a chore.
Chatted outside with several neighbors, did wash, talked to Betty, went to Acme (I swear this is a daily routine), watered the garden, stopped at the library, and generally frittered away the day.
Susan gave me a printout of the listing for our old home on Rosborough Avenue. Anyone who desires may go to Realtor.com, put in the area (Ventnor) and zip code (08406), then narrow it down to price ($800,000), and see 15 South. It's painted bright blue, very horrible, but otherwise looks much as it did when we were kiddies.
Mike called after dinner. He had just had breakfast and was about to leave for the airport. That means that right now, he's probably flying over the Pacific--ugh! That's always an unsettling thought, but I hope and trust the plane will stay up. Assume he's on Singapore Air, probably the best airline going. Having flown it several times, I can say it's wonderfully comfortable, the food is superb, and the stewardesses, all young, slim, and beautiful, have the prettiest uniforms going. Those things are important for safety, after all.
Later: I'm up a bit again---by .4 which brings me to 66.8 pounds off and a current weight of 132.8. I'm not greatly concerned, but in light of my .4 gain of last week, I want to reverse the trend. Will increase my exercise as I can.

1 comment:

iloveac said...

I hate dead-heading too. My instant flowers have not popped yet. I guess I'll be dead-heading in August.
Probably the .4 gain was the three delicious coronas. They were a special treat so you'll probably drop back to your previous numbers.

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...