Saturday, May 10, 2008

Well, thank heavens for D.D. Ellen. She got me into the blog--must see how she did it and try tomorrow, too. Will now pick up where I left off:
I had s. and s. shrimp and a beer for dinner, and Ellen curried something at the Peking Palace, then we went home to watch about half of "What Not To Wear." Slept okay, but woke up at 4:30, a little earlier than I like, but not too bad. Got up, read the NYTimes on-line, then AC Press, then my e-mail. I'm determined not to slack off my health concerns, so went for a walk about 7:15. Walked briskly until 8:00, and I figure the 45 minutes amounted to about 2 miles.
Moved more of Mike and Paula's stuff into the garage for the sale, then Ellen got up. I asked her to take me to the 9:00 Weight Watchers meeting, where I was pleased to find I've lost another eight-tenths of a pound for a total of 67.6 off and a current weight of 132.
Mike e-mailed Ellen to the effect that they may not get here to Ellen's today. They're driving the 500 miles from San Francisco, so no wonder. Also, they're stopping in Thousand Oaks to see cousin Jim (the older of my brother, Frank's, doctor sons--ob/gyn) and said they'd come tomorrow about noon and we'd start the garage sale then. Is he kidding? As Ellen wrote back, nobody goes to sales at noon--we'd start it at 8:00 and will just have to try to judge what they might want to keep. Paula is 7 months pregnant and I think will be exhausted. I'm going to e-mail Mike and, if he comes today, ask if he'll bring Vivian. Busy, hectic, even frantic? Yes, and I'm loving every minute of it!

3 comments:

iloveac said...

Hi Rosemary of Sunny Cal,
So good to read you again. It sounds exciting. Made me laugh at Mike thnking a garage sale would start at noon.

I'm feeling the warm sun thru your blog. Soak it up.

I guess the normal jet lag made you wake earlier than you'd like, but you'll probably sleep better each night.

Ellen said...

So nice to hear from you, Pat! Of course, I've now forgotten how Ellen got me into the blog, so will have to wait until she gets up to show me. You're right, I slept later today--till my usual time of 5:30. Will now go check my friend, Pat's, blog.

Ellen said...

Aagh! Can't find your blog! Will try to get it after I actually get on mine.

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...