Thursday, May 08, 2008

Spent most of the day packing and doing last-minute things. Got a welcome call from Betty and we made plans to have her drive down to Ventura tomorrow after a 10:30 doctor's appointment.
Dragged my humongous suitcase to the bathroom scale because they charge for luggage over 50 pounds. It was 40, but that was without cosmetics; hope they don't weigh over 10.
Alison called. She also has a doctor's appointment this morning, but she should get here about 11:00 and we'll leave at noon for my 4:00 flight.
Flight--aagh! Am I really going to do this? I always have this jittery reaction when it gets down to the wire.
I assume I'll be able to use Ellen's computer and blog while I'm in Cal. I like the idea because one of my reasons for this thing is to keep a diary or journal for myself. I often refer back to it if I don't remember when I did something or how long it's been since something else.
Now I'll confess: I have the horrible habit, every time I fly, of imagining the headlines and my survivors' shock and sadness if the plane should go down: "U.S. Air Flight 1421 Crashes In Iowa Cornfield"; ..."She always dreaded air travel."; "Poor thing, she had a premonition."; "And she just lost all that weight..." Oh, no, no, I can't get on that plane!
But wait. Number 1421 consists of 14 and 21, both divisible by 7 and 7 is a lucky number, everybody knows that, so how could I think twice about it? Okay, much, much better--I'll not only get on the damn plane, I'll ride on the wing.
(And how I jeer at the superstitious!)

2 comments:

iloveac said...

...and 1421 adds up to 8 so ....if you are seated in row 8 you'll be super lucky because your flight is at 4PM which is 8 hrs before the next day so you are still flying on Day 8 and on and on. LOL.

I am thinking when your plane arrives your bod will think it's your bedtime and you're going to meet Betty. You'll be one jet lagged gal. Then again, you might be up for a party. At any rate.....enjoy it all.

Ellen said...

Pat, thanks. I'm trying to get into my blog, but for some reasons, can't do it on Ellen's computer, can just comment. Am here in Cal, just spent the day with Betty, who just dropped me off. If Ellen can show me how to do an entry, will try later.

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...