Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Had two nice surprises yesterday morning. When I stopped for Susan, she asked if I wanted to accompany her and Walter to the International Dinner on May 31. Of course, I accepted with thanks; we'll sit with good friends Ray and Barb, and another couple I know and like. At this affair, everybody brings a dish that reflects their ancestry--theoretically, anyway.
Just after breakfast, I had a web cam call from Mike. He got a new MAC with the camera built in; the picture was remarkably clear. I enjoyed seeing and talking to him, but Vivian was in bed already (it's 12 hours ahead in Singapore).
Heard from Betty and her daughter-in-law, Robyn; we made plans to get together on Monday with Mike and family in Santa Barbara. I hope to see Betty on Friday, too; will call her when I get in.
After supermarket shopping, I spent the day cleaning both bathrooms and watering the blueberry and other plants. I think it will be a miracle if anything comes up.
Met with Genny for our Conversational English class last night. Nora, the librarian, had found the fairy tale book, "Sleeping Beauty," with Spanish and English, which I used to hear and correct Genny's pronunciation. Considering that it contained a lot of archaic language--"spindle," "swoon," "scullions," and so on, plus was written in a long-winded, circular style, she did a pretty good job.
Looking forward to dinner with Viv tonight.

No comments:

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...