Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Yesterday, Pat and I talked to the Singapore contingent--and saw them, too! The web cam is finally operational (Mike and Paula had been preparing to move, so couldn't get it running before this). He called in the morning--his evening, as they're 12 hours ahead--and it was a thrill to see him. Paula then joined him and we chatted for about 20 minutes. Vivian was in bed, but they promised to call back in our evening, their morning, and they did. I saw adorable Vivian, we talked together, then she sang several songs, including "Polly Put the Kettle On." It really added a dimension to our long-distance family. Hey, everybody, consider getting this. It's not expensive--I think about $100 per installation, and it's so much fun to see as well as hear. The installation program--we use Skye--is free, and easy to put on. Alison wants to get one, and she and Mike are urging the rest of the Molloy clan to do it--yay!
When Pat went to the bay, I actually went to the pool for the first time this season. The water was heavenly and I stayed in, chatting with friends, for about 45 minutes, then left. Refreshing as it was, I get antsy just sitting around the pool. I don't know how people can do it day after day, but a lot of my neighbors do.
I changed, then drove to Renault Winery and got White Merlot for Alison. Larry had brought me home some and I know she likes it, too. Before dinner, I did something unusual for me: rented some movies. Susan had recommended "Babel," so I got that, but it was "three for one" day, so I just had to get three more. I selected "Breach," which we started watching last night, and "Children of Men," about which I had read good reviews.
Half hour later: Just got back from getting my blood test. They open at 7:30, I was the first one there, and I was home in ten minutes. That's another thing I like about living in this small town: Everything is nearby, it seems. I have an appointment on July 23 to see Dr. Keiner and discuss the lab results; I'm hoping to see an improvement in the cholesterol numbers.
Must wake Pat soon, as he has a hematologist appointment in Northfield at 10:45.

5 comments:

EBJ said...

The Web cam sounds like a great idea. Are they hard to connect? Does there have to be a connection between them. I mean if I got one could I see and talk to you without some special connection? I guess what I am asking is does it work like email?

iloveac said...

That is so cool. To be connected to everyone AND see them..... an added joy from the world of technology.

Mimi said...

It's not exactly like e-mail, but here's how it works: When Mike gave us ours, he hooked it up to the computer. That may be very simple, I'm not sure, but I'm sure Steve or Dana could do it. Yesterday, I make the connection with the program *Skype," and it just tells you what to do. Mike just called me--there's a ring on the computer--and a box comes up with "answer" and some other stuff. I just clicked on that and there her was.

Mimi said...

Hey, maybe I should have proofread my comment...

EBJ said...

I need one of these things. It's a great gift too. I think I will get one for each of my kids.

Wednesday And Choosing Sides

I did some filing and cleaning up in the morning; also emailed the office that I need a new toilet seat. Left at 10:30 and got the 11 bus to...