Friday, July 13, 2007

It was Weight Watchers day yesterday and I was delighted with the news: another 2.6 pounds off for a total of 21.2. That puts me at 178.4, so I've reached my interim goal of the 170's. Hey, I'm getting there.
While I was in Manahawkin, I stopped at Reynolds, which is closing, and got two adorable dresses for soon-to-be-three little Vivian. I was disappointed to learn they no longer wrap presents, plus I got size 4 and now I think they're too big for her. Although "All Sales Are Final" is marked on the receipt, I'm going to see if I can exchange for size.
While I was there, Marge called and I was pleased to hear she felt up to a lunch date. Zipped home and made lunch for Pat. While I was doing that, Susan popped in to give us six freshly-baked blueberry muffins (from scratch, of course). Pat had one for dessert for lunch and I gave two to Marge when I picked her up. By all accounts, they were delicious.
We went to Dockside and I had my usual C. salad with chicken, taking half home for dinner. After, we went down to see Pat at the bay. His bay buddy, John, told me it would probably take 6 months to be reimbursed my $500 for the car--damn!
After I dropped Marge off, I noticed the bananas were soft, so made a loaf of banana bread. While it baked, I again watched a movie in the daytime: "The Children of Men." It was very intense and full of dark symbolism (see Pat McH. R.'s comment of yesterday) which I more or less ignored. However, I don't like sitting in a darkened room staring at figures on a screen. When Pat got home, he watched the rest with me. As soon as it was over, I took it back, putting a cap on my three-movie marathon. That'll hold me for some time, I'm sure.

3 comments:

Robyn said...

We saw "Children of Men" when it came out and enjoyed it very much. "Enjoy" is not really the right word, as it is a VERY intense movie. Considering what has been going on in the world politically and environmentally, the concepts in the movie did not seem to far fetched.

I'm glad I saw it earlier than later in my pregnancy, as there was a point somewhere in the middle where I thought, "maybe seeing this wasn't such a great idea." I then looked back at the packed theater and everyone had a look of dismay and sadness on their faces, and I knew they couldn't ALL be pregnant.

Robyn said...

"too" far-fetchted. I have to remember to copy edit my comments...

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your continued weight loss, Mom! It sounds like you're eating so healthfully now--just like Alison. I sure haven't been, but you're inspiring me to at least try soon. I'm almost done with this art class (I keep dragging it out because I'm now so distracted by my new TV channels and wonderful DVR. I'm addicted to the HGTV network). I know though that eating well and exercising needs to become a priority for me.
Talk to you later.
Love, Ellen

Monday

 I slept pretty well, I'm happy to say: got up once, but went back until after 6:00.  Got a call from Zak Dental to see if I could come ...