Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Pat's eye doctor appointment went well yesterday; he doesn't have to go back for a year. After I called Frank, I called Betty to tell her Patrick didn't appear on "Good Morning, America." We discussed her upcoming trip among other topics. She'll stay with us for the first week, then with Muckie. I called Muckie and we had a good talk. All of us are looking forward to getting together for lunch with Pat R. at my place on August 13.
We're also having a little luncheon a week earlier on the 6th. Pat's brother and SIL, Bill and Regina, are coming, along with their daughter, Amy, to whom I spoke last night. I also invited his niece, Donna E., so it will be a nice Molloy reunion.
Got some fun e-mails. Ellen sent pictures of her classroom, her colleague, Joanne (the other 3rd grade teacher who, incredibly, has the same last name, same age, and same marital status as Ellen), and her cat. She also sent pics of her artwork, which I really like a lot.
Mike sent two nice, newsy e-mails. I got a kick out of the following:
"We had 369 boxes from the movers...and another 20 or so on our own. Still all not opened yet. When the movers first started packing stuff at the old place, they labelled all in detail. By the third day and the 300th box they just started writing "crap" on the boxes and finally, "more crap." The final stuff they just threw away using their own discretion and saying, 'You don't really need that.'"
Mike wrote that Vivian said she "wants to go on an airplane to see Nana." Oh, how I'd love that to happen. Much as I appreciate the modern conveniences of telephone and web cam, I miss not being able to read her stories and take her places and hug her.
Mike also wrote that a friend of Paula's (ex-colleague) who has a modelling agency asked if she could add Vivian to her "stable," the pan-Asian look being very big now. Said he'd let me know how that goes. Last week, Paula had to go to Tokyo and this week, Mike goes to Maylasia. It's incredible how much they travel.
Continuing to feed my veggie addiction, I bought cauliflower, broccoli, and two kinds of squash yesterday. WW tomorrow--I don't feel as if I've lost this week, but no matter. I know I will in the long run.
Did this and that around the house, but nothing worth recording.

4 comments:

iloveac said...

"more crap and you don't need that"....love it.
Maybe I can get those movers to come to our garage. We have lots of crap.

Mimi said...

Ho, ho, Pat--I bet our pile is crap is higher than your pile of cr...uh, elegant and priceless heirlooms.

Dee's Blog said...

Rosemary I'm so excited about your luncheon with Pat. Make sure you take pictures and send them to me. Wish I could join you. Then to have so many of your family together will be great. All you need now is for Vivian to show up.LOL
I got a kick out of the E-mail from Mike, Who would think of labeling boxes like that.

Mimi said...

Dee, why don't you come? It's not as far as L.A. to San Francisco, and I drove that by myself.
As for the "crap" labels on the boxes, that was Mike's little joke. In Singapore, the movers not only pack everything, they unpack it and put it away--no joke. (When Mike and Paula come here, they're shocked by the low level of service, spoiled brats that they are.)

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...