Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Geesh, I overslept today! Woke up at 7:08--and I usually pick Susan up at 7:00. Rushed to wash and dress, and caught up with her about halfway through our usual path. Susan said she had tapped lightly on the door about 7:10, but I didn't hear her.
I probably overslept because I stayed up until almost 10 last night watching "Babel." We still didn't see all of it, but will today. It's pretty good.
Spent half the day at the hematologist's yesterday. You sign in, wait, are called, take your folder to another room, wait, get blood drawn, wait, get called to see the doctor, wait, see doctor for three minutes, about and finally leave. Pat's appointment was at 10:45 and it was after 1:00 before we got home. Nothing new on the blood front and he doesn't have to go back until next year.
The daughter of my dear friend, Elaine (dead these four years), Joan H., called from North Carolina and we chatted for a while. She and husband, Dan, bought a house in Costa Rica and plan to live there from October to April. We caught up on each other's lives--very enjoyable.
Marge e-mailed, and we tentatively planned to go to lunch today, assuming her allergies aren't acting up too badly.
After Pat went to the bay, I ran over to Acme for pork chops for him, salmon for me. Had them for dinner and they were both so good.
Susan called about 7:00 to ask if I wanted to go to Rita's (Italian ice) with her and Walter--well, yes, sure. I went and had their sugar-free cherry ice--very tasty.
Rather than writing all the above, I could have just noted, "Quiet day."

2 comments:

iloveac said...

Well, you could have, but I'm glad you didn't.

I have that same experience with my oncologist who is also a hematologist. I know they are busy, but the overscheduling drives me nuts...and they couldn't care less.

The cherry ice sounds refreshing with this heat.

Anonymous said...

Nice fill someone in on and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you seeking your information.

Friday

Weight: stayed the same at home (125.4) and at T.O.P.S. was up an inconsequential .06 to 125.4. Maria brought a guest and we had a fairly in...