Monday, July 23, 2007

I'm not going to pretend I wasn't down in the dumps yesterday afternoon, because I was. I felt lonely and sad--no specific new reason, I just did.
However, things started looking up in the evening (talking to Ellen? my gorgeous, delicious, ruby-colored glass of Taylor Country Red?) and today, I'm pretty buoyant just back from the doctor.
She seemed as happy as I am about my blood work and there was even good news about my numbers concerning the liver. Whatever the hell that means, I don't know, but she said they were very good.
As for the foot, she looked, clucked her tongue, said there's an inflammation, but it's hard to tell about Lyme in that location. It doesn't have the characteristic "bulls-eye," (which isn't always present, anyway), but she prescribed an antibiotic to be on the safe side.
Dear friend Ray called to ask Pat to lunch and just came to pick him up. That's so good for Pat, difficult though it is just to walk from the front door to the driveway. They'll probably go to Shirley's Luncheonette on Radio Road where everybody hangs out (well, the older than God gang, anyway).
Invited Marge and Fred to go to the Little Egg Players' original play, "Tony and the Heiress" on August third and they accepted. Made an appointment to get my hair cut, and think I'll get myself a nice piece of salmon for dinner. Right now, I'm finishing up part of my lunch, a delectable half of acorn squash. Will probably have my zucchini casserole later.
Hey, I'm feeling fine now.

2 comments:

Dee's Blog said...

Rosemary, sorry to hear that you were down in the dumps Sunday. I've had days like that but I don't usually jump back so quickly.
I hope your foot clears up, that would give me great concern. I found a tick on our dog and went spastic. I hate those little gritters.
I'm sure with your dieting you will keep those numbers right where the Doctors want them to be.

iloveac said...

Hey RBM,
Glad she gave you an antibiotic 'just in case'. Did she tell you to soak it....if not...nurse Patti is telling you to do so. Once it's no longer showing inflammation you can stop. Just do it a couple of times a day. The antibiotic will work fast and maybe the soreness/redness are already diminished. Hope so.
'Down in the dumps'...can hit us when we least expect it....as long as it's short lived...no problemo. You sound better today.

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...