Saturday, July 21, 2007

Got my bloodwork report in the mail yesterday. I was crestfallen when I read "Total Cholesterol---238." Damn! That's higher than it was when I started on this weight loss/exercise/Crestor regime!
Then I looked again. The number was actually 138. Yipee! Yahoo! Hip, hip, hooray!
Here's the good news, compared to the May numbers:
May July
Total Cholesterol 225 138
HDL (Good) 49 52
LDL (Bad) 150 69
Triglycerides 129 86
Blood Sugar ? 104
These are all within the desired range, aside from the blood sugar, which the form letter says should be from 80 to 100mg/dl. I think that used to be a high of 110 or even 120. Anyway, all this just reinforces my determination to finish losing the weight, then keep it off.
Thanks to Frank D. next door, the new hoses and nozzle are now hooked up and I can water the flowers before they thirst to death.
I was proud of the fact that I was able to fix the shredder, which had jammed. Used the letter opener, a sharp knife, and tweezers to laboriously extract the paper jamming it, but it now works. Being a born klutz, I got a lot of satisfaction out of it.
Jen called and I'm happy to say Joely can come down, although she wasn't sure his cousin, Gabe, can come. Alison will bring him/them down and we'll go swimming and so on. Should be a fine day.

3 comments:

EBJ said...

Your blood work and all is WONDERFUL. You are right, 80 to 120 was the normal blood sugar until a few years ago.
I know I should be doing the same thing. I am so weak.
Don't forget when I am at your house I only want to eat what you eat. EEK now I am committed.

Dee's Blog said...

Rosemary, those numbers are outstanding. You deserve a lot of credit both with your health and your weight.
Your lucky you fixed your shredder by yourself. I ruined mine doing exactly what you did. The directions say not to use anything like that to repair it.

iloveac said...

Rosemary,
Those numbers are super good. Your blood sugar is fine.
I would love to get such a report. Your love of veggies has paid off. That's what keeps Rich's blood work looking better than mine....he loves those veggies. I am more like Pat Molloy Sr. I would never miss them. I do try to eat some tho'. It I weren't living with Rich I'd probably be living on subs and peanut butter tasty kakes.
I met a kid yesterday who eats no junk food .....doesn't even like chocolate and said no one in his family does. I wonder if it's genetic. I love junk. My mother loved candy so maybe there's a link....gotta blame it on something or someone.

Sunday

I reserved yesterday for chores.  Stripped the bed and washed the sheets while I had breakfast. It pleased me that, just as I responded to t...