Thursday, July 19, 2007

Went to Kohl's and got a summer pocketbook, low socks for my sneakers, and--glory be--two pedal pushers (or do they call them "capris"?) in a SIZE 16 PETITE! Size 16 may sound gargantuan to some of my elfin readers, but I was thrilled. I've had to wear woman's sizes for years and, while I still do for most things, this was an outlook-lifter. True, they both have elastic waists, but still...
Bought a new hose, nozzle, and "lopper" for outside, but haven't hooked them up yet because we had a big thunderstorm. Made barbecued ribs in the crockpot; Pat liked them and I had a small amount--very good.
Alison called and we made plans to meet at the race in Wall Township. If it rains and it's called off, she'll let me know by 4:30.
Mike just sent an e-mail with the subject line, "Things To Be Proud Of." It's a link to a travel site describing "Mount Molloy" in Queensland, Australia. Must be an impressive place because the writer mentions that it "has obviously seen better days, as the local sight-seeing options are an old steam engine and the cemetery."
Later: Holy smokes and happy day! I lost another 2.2 pounds, for a total of 23.4 and a weight of 176.2. Gratifying.

7 comments:

Dee's Blog said...

Rosemary, I know the thrill of getting into a size smaller. It's a better feeling then looking at the numbers on the scale. You really feel thinner. Don't buy too many clothes in size 16 as you'll be going down to a 14 very soon.

Mimi said...

Thanks, Dee, those are encouraging words. (And look at "later" on today's blog.

iloveac said...

Hey,
I think size 16 IS PETITE, so there.
Congrats on your sticktoittiveness.
'Capri' vs. 'pedal pushers'...didn't we used to call pants now referred to as 'cropped pants'(or something like that) 'high water' pants. Now, they are the style. Funny, underwear became outerwear (Madonna), sneakers became tennis shoes, typewriters morphed into word processors...and on it goes.
Hope it doesn't rain so you can go to the race.

Dee's Blog said...

Way to go girl!!!!Congrats

Anonymous said...

Fantastic job, Mom!!!
Love, Ellen

Mimi said...

Thank you, thank you to all!

EBJ said...

Great Arty!!!
I admire you for being so dedicated.

Wednesday And Choosing Sides

I did some filing and cleaning up in the morning; also emailed the office that I need a new toilet seat. Left at 10:30 and got the 11 bus to...