Friday, July 06, 2007

We had another busy fun day yesterday. After I got Pat squared away (must be a nautical term), Larry and I picked up Jack and went down to Absecon Island. We didn't get out of the car, but drove around Ventnor, viewing the scenes of our early days. Jack never goes there (he's a nervous driver and is far from adventurous) and he waxed nostalgic about St. James and the Newport Avenue duplex that was his boyhood home.
Little did trusting Jack know (well, he was trusting to a point, suspicious the rest of the way), Larry had planned an interesting activity for the day. He had seen it featured in the AC Press, asked if I wanted to do it, and of course, I said, "Sure!" We drove far, far out in the country, past Marmora and lots of other burgs, to Belleplain in Dennis Township. Jack got more and more agitated as we turned from one little-used road to the next, deep in the forest, and kept saying, "Man, you should have dropped me off at Borgota, and picked me up later." (Betty knows Jack and can picture the scene, I bet.)
We finally arrived at our destination: a blueberry farm! Yes, we picked blueberries and it was so enjoyable to go up and down the rows, absorbed in finding the best, deepest blue berries. Jack groused and complained for a time, but then settled down, and actually got a nice amount. We pooled them and ended up with seven pounds.
Larry then treated us to lunch at The Olive Garden in Hamilton Mall. I had portabella ravioli in cream sauce and a glass of white zinfandel with breadstick and two portions of their divine salad. We then dropped Jack off with his share of the berries, and got home about 5:00. Pat had gone to the bay and seen his cronies, so all was well.
I told the guys dinner was going to be leftovers from lunch on Wednesday and they were fine with that, so I just dumped everything on the table and they made their own. I, however, had an unusual hankering (for me). I ran out and got skim milk and had two bowls of cornflakes with blueberries on them--just hit the spot.
Alison called and said they had gone to the Thursday Night Run in Brielle in which they often participate. They took little Joely, he ran in the kiddie race, and he won a medal! Alison didn't say what place he came in, but he was very proud. Can't wait to see him at his party tomorrow.
After dinner, I jumped in the shower, then had my "regular" wine, watched my daily hour of T.V. (8:00 to 9:00), and that was the day.
I'll pick up Leslie for Weight Watchers at 9:00 today and am prepared to take my lumps. I know I've gained, hope it isn't a lot, but no matter--as of now, I'm back on the program.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun day!!!

--Guess Who

Mimi said...

I don't know--who?

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...