Thursday, July 26, 2007

Susan and I made a date to take Barb H. for her birthday lunch on Monday. Her sister is staying with her and she'll come, too--that should be fun. We're going to Joseph's at the Renault Winery, where Alison and I ate last month.
Otherwise, quiet, but good, day. I had read that you can put a cup of ammonia in the oven overnight and it softens the gunk, so is more easily cleaned. I did it and it works! "But," you say, "the house is less than 4 years old and you have a self-cleaning oven, Rosemary." Yes, but there's something wrong with the thermostat and I have to turn it to about 500 to get it to an actual 400, so I thought it may not get hot enough for self-cleaning. I'll look into how to fix it one of these days, but in the meantime, wanted to clean it and it was relatively easy.
Stopped at the police station to talk to the transportation officer about petitioning to have a blinking light nearby changed to a regular one. I wanted to find out if I could contact somebody at the county about it. The officer was very cordial and told me that the township has been trying for years to get the light changed, but there are stringent rules about it. Of course, people think that a certain number of people have to be killed before they'll change, but that isn't the case. It's true, though, that they look at how many accidents occur there, but they have to be accidents that wouldn't happen with a regular light.
Will go to Wall again this evening for the adult race and kiddie run, assuming Alison, Mike, and Joely are going. WW shortly; will report in with results.
Later, After WW: I went up a bit, by 0.6--about 7 ounces, so I'm at 176.8. Not sure why, but I'm okay with it; I think it's just a natural adjustment or something.

No comments:

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...