Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Happily, I was able to go on our little excursion yesterday and it was great fun. Barbara drove and about two minutes before we left, rain started to come down in buckets. No matter; we just waited ten minutes or so and started off. Lunch at Joseph's (at Renault Winery) was superb. I had romaine hearts with grilled chicken, which was de-lucious, and the presentation was elegant. It's hard to describe, but included a kind of "cup" made with toasted bread, from which the lettuce emerged. Barb and I had a glass of their wonderful White Merlot, Susan ordered Chardonnay, while Pat (Barb's sister) stayed with iced tea.
Pat is going through a divorce and is looking for a house so she can move to our area; Susan, as our own Sweetwater RE agent, is helping her. Barb and Susan found they have mutual friends from up north and we all discussed our parochial school backgrounds (the three of them in Spring Lake and other places upstate). Susan and I were treating Barb for her birthday and we did the same for Pat, as a welcome to Ocean County gesture.
Afterward, we repaired to Linwood to the model home. The charge was $25 to get in and we all bought $5 worth of raffle tickets, too (of course, it was all for a breast cancer charity). I liked it better than the one we went to in Ventnor last year, because last year's house was a beautiful, old, traditional one and the decor in these designer showcases tend to be all modern, so didn't "go." This house was fairly new. We all loved looking at the various rooms--the house is spectacular and very large, in an area of Linwood I never knew existed--and yes, the laundry room (see yesterday's entry) was terrific.
It was almost 5:00 by the time we got home. Made dinner, then soaked my foot, took a shower, and replaced the ointment and bandage. The skin the doctor had left over the lanced blister came off, but I couldn't help that. Am about to leave to pick up Susan for our walk--hope I can make it; my foot doesn't hurt, but is itching, and I'm "aware" of the bandage. The fact that it's on the bottom is just so annoying.

2 comments:

iloveac said...

Rosemary,
Glad you got to go on the tour. I like Renault Winery too. Sounds like you had a very pleasant group to do this with.

Sores/lesions whatever take longer to heal on our lower extrmities...so this will take a while. Keep it clean with soaks etc. I can't imagine how you can walk on it without pain...but that's good there is no pain. Is it on the walking surface or on the arch of your foot?

Mimi said...

Pat, it's on the walking surface--the bottom of my foot, almost exactly in the middle between the ball of my foot and the heel. I think I mislead my leagions of readers by saying it was on the instep--nope, I'm afraid it's right on the bottom.

Tuesday And Noreen

I had planned to go to Verizon first before my lunch with Noreen. It's down Mills Street from the mall, where the transit center is, too...