Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Big news on the baby front! Alison called to tell us Jen will go in the hospital today (Wednesday) to be induced. I'm always a little puzzled about this. All my babies were late--almost 3 weeks for Alison--and everybody just waited until they were born, but they don't seem to do that nowadays--not sure why. If she goes in today, little Tristan will probably make his appearance tomorrow, so his birthday will be August 2. That's a nice date.
Got my hair cut in the morning and I'm not thrilled with it. I don't think she cut it short enough, although I wanted to keep as much of the perm as possible (it's only a month old);Pat didn't even realize I had gotten it cut. (Oh well, he is a man, so "oblivious" is his middle name.)
Pat called to have Sears come out to look at the oven (the thermostat doesn't work right) and fridge (the in-the-door ice dispenser isn't working, so you have to open the door to get ice) and somebody will be here next week. It'll probably cost of fortune, but we just want them fixed.
Jack B. stopped over yesterday after playing golf at Atlantis nearby. Pat had already gone to the bay, so Jack just chatted with me for awhile.
Went to My Three Sons produce to get Pat his black plums and picked up tomatoes and watermelon, too.
Soaked my foot twice, as the doctor had instructed, but accidentally pulled off the skin over the sore, so now it's an open wound. It stung when I used Epsom Salts in the water, so I dumped it and used plain. It's a drag to dress and bandage it, but I'm able to walk and did my regular mile and a half with Susan yesterday and will today. It just feels as if my sock has a fold or something in it or something--annoying, but not too bad.

1 comment:

EBJ said...

I don't know why they induce if you are a week late either. It is one of two reasons I think. 1. It is better for the mother because the babe is still growing. 2 Easier for the doctor so they don't have to work s much in the middle of the night or when they are golfing.

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...