Sunday, August 19, 2007

Saturday, August 18: Went to Home Depot and bought a fan, as I decided to let Betty keep the one I accidentally left at her house. Spent time on household chores and also found a terrific music site, thanks to brother Larry, who sent me the link. It's from somebody in Playa Cofi, an island near the Virgin Islands. Right now, I'm listening to Nat King Cole singing "A Blossom Fell." You can click on songs from 1950, 1955, and on up--it's great and I had them coming practically all day yesterday. It also features "tributes" to Elvis, Patti Page, Sinatra, and others, plus "genre" pieces, such as country, show tunes, French, and jazz. It's now playing a "loop" of 1950 songs, which it will do continuously 24/7.
I was a bit crestfallen when Patrick called last night and I told him about this great find. He said you can get hundreds of such sites by putting "Internet Radio" in your search engine. Also, he told me about "Songtapper," a site that will "listen" as you tap out a song on the keyboard, then will guess what it is. (OH! Now "Moments to Remember" is on the music site--I love it!) However, I tapped out "I Can't Stop Loving You" and stumped it. Probably my fault, not it's.

1 comment:

Dee's Blog said...

Rosemary, Pat put the site on her blog and it is great. I love listening to music while I'm searching. When NAPSTER first out and before it was illegal, I burned over 25 CD's with music from the 40's and 50's. They really bring back some nice memories. That was when you knew the words to the songs and could sing along.

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...