Thursday, August 09, 2007

Wednesday, August 8: Betty was picked up at the airport by her friend, Suzanne M., then they went to Suzanne's place in Mt. Laurel to get S.'s cousin, who was visiting. They got down here late in the day, and went to dinner at Dynasty Diner in Tuckerton. Betty invited me to join them, but I already had barbecued chicken simmering in the crockpot, so declined. Suggested they come to our place for coffee and dessert, and they did. We had a good time talking and laughing, then the two friends left. Watched "Countdown," had our popcorn and Popsicles (and me, my wine), then went to bed, but not before Betty and I fell into a political discussion. No question we're on opposite ends of the spectrum in that area.
Alison called to invite us up for dinner on Saturday and, of course, we accepted. Will take Betty to WW this morning, picking up Leslie on the way. As usual, not sure if I've lost or not--will find out in a few hours and will be okay with what comes.

1 comment:

iloveac said...

Stay cool girlfriend. Guess what Betty is getting for dinner tonight...left over crock pot barbecue.
Betty should read Jimmy Carter's book....it would open her eyes. If she doesn't want to read it...the tape makes it easy. So glad you recommended it.
Looking forward to Monday.

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...