Monday, August 20, 2007

Sunday, August 19: It rained a lot of the day and I stayed in and did a number of domestic chores. Changed the bedclothes, washed everything in sight, and cleaned up this and that. Went to the store and got fish for dinner: flounder for Pat, swordfish for me. While there, I picked up "The Good Shepherd" on disc, thinking it was a good day to watch a movie. However, Ellen called and assured me that "The GS" was long and boring. Pat and I started watching it after dinner and lasted about 20 minutes before we realized she was right and scuttled it.
Discussed with E. her "retreat" in the Napa Valley, to which she was headed after she called. Only teachers and admins from her small school district are going (the district is paying for it) and they'll confer as they do every year before school starts--but only a few miles away. Guess the idea is to renew and refresh in a different setting.
Was pleased to get a call from friend Karen C. confirming her visit next weekend. She doesn't drive, so I'll pick her up about 6:00 after the retirement party at Rider on Friday and bring her back on Sunday. Was also pleased to get an invitation from Leslie asking us to a dinner party on the 15th with their church group. Of course, I'll go and hope maybe Pat can.
Looking forward to lunch with the HSHS crowd today, too. It's still cloudy and rainy, but I'll stop for Susan shortly and we'll take umbrellas--we're diehards!

2 comments:

Mimi said...

This is just a test. Pat R. wrote that she's be having problems commenting on my blog--wonder what's wrong...

iloveac said...

Maybe I have to comment the day after the most current posting .....no trouble with this one.....weird. Must be this machine.
Will try and go back to today's entry and make a comment on that one.

Tuesday And Noreen

I had planned to go to Verizon first before my lunch with Noreen. It's down Mills Street from the mall, where the transit center is, too...