Saturday, August 11, 2007

Friday, August 10: Cleaners came in the morning and we stayed in for lunch. When Pat went to the bay (yes, he goes every day), Betty and I went shopping--again! (Well, it's a favorite pastime.) We went to Reynold's, a store in Manahawkin that's closing. Betty got some cute clothes for some of the little ones, and I got a 3-9 month outfit for little Tristan.
Betty wants everybody to know she says, "hello." She's been accompanying Susan and me on our morning walk. We're looking forward to the big family reunion at her place the weekend of September 7 to 9.
The big news of the day is Patrick's announcement of his impending marriage to a young woman named Natsue K., sometime around September 10. He had told his father and me about this a year ago, but asked us not to mention it to others, as plans were not yet firm. The day before yesterday, he e-mailed that we may now share the news, and of course, I have--first with his siblings, now with others. He sent a picture of Natsue and himself today--she looks like a lovely girl, with a big smile and lively expression. I forwarded the pictures to Alison, Ellen, and Mike.
Alison invited us to dinner tonight, so we'll leave about 4:00. When we get home, I'm going to try to call Mike on the web cam. I've never done it before, as he's always called me on Saturdays. Will report back at the technological success--I hope.

1 comment:

Dee's Blog said...

Being the twins are together I want to tell you something that is the God's honest truth.
In High School I never knew you two were twins. I figured you were sisters. I never remember any one referring to you as twins. First I heard of it was on your blog and you mentioned it being your twins birthday.
So when you have your family reunion you can have a good laugh at the expense of your dumb classmate.

Monday

 I slept pretty well, I'm happy to say: got up once, but went back until after 6:00.  Got a call from Zak Dental to see if I could come ...