Thursday, August 16, 2007

Wednesday, August 15: After lunch and seeing Pat off to the bay, I drove Betty to Atlantic County and we
1. Went to the cemetery; I had snipped one of my yellow roses and we put it on Jay's grave;
2. Drove to Boscov's where Betty bought two pairs of sneaks and I looked for a gift for Natsue-san, but didn't choose anything;
3. Went down to Ventnor to Betty 's house. Rang the bell, but the tenant wasn't home (Pat asked me to pick up our large fan I had accidentally left there last year);
4. Stopped at the library to see if the Ventnor Historical Society (in the same building) was open, but it wasn't.
5. About 4:30, drove back off-shore to Muckie's, where Betty is staying for a time.
While we were parking at the library, we met up with Charlie and Mary P. and their daughter, Mary Lou. The parents are both HSHS grads and Charlie is a St. Jamesian, too. He's Pat's age and they had been boyhood friends. He looks pretty good and they both seem to be well. We chatted for 20 minutes or so, then Betty and I went into the library.
I had a good time with Betty here, but now I'll go back into my everyday life. She's having a gang over on September 9 when her kids are here and I'll be there, along with--I hope--Alison, Joel, and their families. Not sure if Pat can go, but maybe.
Muckie has arranged for a number of women to meet Gerri B. for lunch in Somers Point on Monday. I've been in (electronic) touch with her since her sister, Patti's, death, and I'm looking forward to that with pleasure.
I didn't get home until after 5:00 last night. Gave Pat leftovers of slymphy stew (from the freezer), half a baked potato (from the fridge) and peas. Added slices of wonderful tomato I grew myself, and he ate it all up. I just had a big salad, cauliflower, and peas. (It occurred to me that I'm veering back toward vegetarianism--that would suit me fine.)
Weight Watchers today. Again, I don't feel as if I've lost, but as ever, I'm perfectly okay with it no matter which way it goes this time.

No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...