Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Monday, August 6: Mucho fun yesterday at our M. family luncheon. Amy, Bill, Regina, and Sean got here a little early--no problem, as I was prepared--and there was much kissing and hugging. Amy brought a little bouquet of daisies (one of my favorite flowers) and a delectable blueberry/cherry pie she made herself. For dessert, I had cut-up fruit and cookies and this was a nice addition. Regina gave us a bottle of locally-made "Nana Wine"--I was charmed by the name and will sample it soon. Donna arrived with a spectacular bouquet of mixed flowers, including roses in red, pink, and yellow.
Lunch--just a typical summer spread of cold cuts, salads, various breads, and so on, although I added my zucchini casserole for a hot dish--was well-received, but of course, the most fun was in talking over old times and new. The M. contingent stayed until after 4:00, but Donna insisted on staying to help wash the dishes (I don't put some of the dishes or any of the the silver in the dishwasher). That wasn't necessary, but we enjoyed talking while we cleaned up. It was a good, good day--it always is when friends and family come.
I'm looking forward to Betty's arrival tomorrow, and, of course, our HSHS friends on Monday. Fair warning: Because there'll be only four of us (Pat will make an appearance, then leave for the bay), I'm considering having lunch in the kitchen, rather than the dining room. I'm thinking it would be more casual and might be more comfortable in the kitchen. Of course, I know what elegant and high-class ladies these are--would they be insulted? Will decide later...

4 comments:

iloveac said...

The kitchen? What's that? We don't have one of them...not the kind you can eat in. I miss a real kitchen. We'll feel so much at home, you may have to tell us to leave.
Glad I'll get to meet Pat too.

The Molloy gathering sounds like it was fun. I always think those kinds of family gatherings make us feel good all over.

Dee's Blog said...

Rosemary, I miss our family gatherings. Everyone in our family (Bob's) is gone except his Sister and she is not one for parties.
Your Malloy gathering sounds like you had fun. I would like to know where you get your energy. I could do one gathering a month and thats it.
I want you to know that I will be thinking of you on Monday and filled with envy that I could not be there. Enjoy and eat till your hearts content.

Mimi said...

Dee, there's still time for you to come--why not? Jump in your car and join us, I say--no problem!
It's true I have energy to spare, but I guess I'm just made that way. The more weight I lose, the more energy I have, too.

Anonymous said...

The real question will be if you will use any of the various new table linens that you've blogged about over the past few months!

Sunday

I reserved yesterday for chores.  Stripped the bed and washed the sheets while I had breakfast. It pleased me that, just as I responded to t...