Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Went to Acme where I met up with Marge. She said she'd let me know how it looks for lunch either today or tomorrow. Bought some frozen dinners for Pat to have one yesterday, as I was going to "help" Alison baby-sit for Tristan. Other than that, just mundane chores in the daytime.
Received Tony Lombardo's book On Both Sides of the Fence, etc. from Amazon and started it. Called his and Vivian's to let them know I got it and ask if he would autograph it. It was exciting to see the dedication to Viv and the photo of the whole family on the back. The book includes a chronicle of Tony's severe form of MS, as well as inspirational passages for those who suffer from disabilities.
Will also start We Knew We Were At War, the book Karen lent me. When Susan lets me know what month is open for a speaker in the Women's Club, I'll call Peg George, the author.
Left for Joel's and Jen's about 4:00 and arrived at 5:00. Joely looked so cute in his soccer outfit and he and Jen went to practice shortly after I arrived. Alison came about a half hour later and we had a good time minding little Tristan--now 3 1/2 weeks old--who alternated crying and eating. The kid seems to have a good appetite. I swear he looks like my father, or at least, a Byrne.
J., J., and J. didn't get home from practice until almost 7:00. I then went over to Alison's (only 7 or 8 minutes away) to see her bathroom.
It looks great! She painted it a shade called "sensational sand" and added blue accents, plus stained or painted other parts in a contrasting dark brown. In addition, she added white crown molding at the ceiling and repainted the baseboard molding. Mind you, she did all this herself. Mike is handy around the house, but so busy he doesn't always get around to projects. A. will just tackle anything; if she doesn't know how to do it, she learns.
Hmm...she likes challenges, too. I asked if she could stay over while I go to a Wellspouse "respite weekend" in Bucks County, Pa. the end of September, and of course, she cheerfully agreed. However, she told me she's on a bike team supporting the daughter of a former colleague at the Sands. This young woman has MS and team members will get sponsors; they ride on September 29, but she can leave from our place and come back. How long is the ride? 75 miles--aagh!

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...