Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Tuesday, August 21: This is an "I can't believe I did that" confession. Yesterday, I took Pat to the podiatrist at 11:00, made lunch when we got home, saw him off to the bay, then went over to Susan's in the driving rain to show her the pictures of Monday's lunch I printed out. (She wants to print some of her granddaughter and wasn't sure how to do it.)
After, I drove to Santori's to get my supply of produce--lots of it, as usual--then home, still in the driving rain. (We need it, but hey, this is getting ridiculous--stop, already!)
I made a big pot of slymphie stew for our luncheon party today--decided to serve it in the crock pot. Along with a big salad, various breads, and some sides, it should be adequate for a casual lunch.
After performing other chores, including popping a potato in the oven and preparing chicken legs for dinner, I was idly sitting at the computer when I glanced at the clock. It was five on the dot. Hmm...five o'clock. Did that ring a bell? Five...o...clo--... Five o'clock!! I was supposed to meet Vivian at Calloway's at five o'clock! On Tuesday! It was Tuesday--and it was five o'clock!
Tried to call her, message machine was on, tore off the shirt I had wore all day, threw on another, asked Pat to heat himself a Hungry Man Dinner, and raced up to Calloway's to arrive at 5:30.
Viv was very gracious about my tardiness (which would have gotten me three days detention at HSHS), saying she assumed I had thought we were to meet at 5:30. She had brought her son, Anthony, and I greatly enjoyed meeting him. Anthony is in college, but in the summer, plays in a band at Hershey Park--neat guy.
Had a wonderful time, messy and disheveled as I was, so I'm glad I at least salvaged the evening enough to get there.
Must pick up Susan (it's still raining, but we walk anyway, with umbrellas), then set up lunch for my nephew and wife, Betty and Muckie.

2 comments:

Dee's Blog said...

Oh Rosemary, how embarresing that must have been. You are so promp with your dinner dates and such that it's hard to believe it slipped your mind. Vivian must know you well and knew there had to be a good excuse for your not showing up at 5:00.
I have done that while I was working but not since.

Mimi said...

Well, I'm afraid there wasn't a good excuse--I just forgot. But yes, Viv is a kind and loving person and she was okay with it. Luckily, they hadn't ordered yet, so we enjoyed our evening together.

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...