Friday, August 31, 2007

Not a whole heck of a lot went on yesterday. After WW--then breakfast at 11 am--I made a double recipe of crystal pickles. I'm planning to bring them to the dinner at Leslie's in a few weeks and maybe to Alison's DIL's gathering tomorrow. A. called to ask me to bring dessert tomorrow, too, and I'll make lemon squares.
Betty called. It was the 33rd anniversary of Wes' death yesterday; I can't believe I didn't remember. I'm so sorry, but she was okay with it. She got to the cemetery with a friend of hers.
I know I went to the store, did some wash, and wrapped the gifts for Natsue*, but I don't remember doing much else aside from everyday chores. Made barbecued ribs in the crock pot and they were so tender and delicious. Pat had several pieces, I had a small amount, and there was enough left over to freeze for another meal.
Pat sees the cardiologist this afternoon--just a regular 3-month revisit and we don't expect anything new.
*For what I got her, see my response to Dee in yesterday's comments.

2 comments:

iloveac said...

Rosemary
The gifts for Natsue sound lovely. She will treasure them coming from her future inlaws...but most of all the photos of Patrick as a youngster will be the best, I think. Putting them in the box with the gifts makes it perfect.
Couldn't comment yesterday again. I,like Dee haven't had flounder since living in AC and somehow it reminds me too much of Friday 'fish only'days. I never remember scallops in AC as a kid....my mother always bought flounder and mackeral (yuk) for my father.
I can taste your crystal pickles and lemon squares ...lucky people will find them to be lip smackin' good.

Dee's Blog said...

Rosemary I think this is a wonderful gesture toward your future DIL. I think if more future Mother in laws welcomed their DIL into the family as you are doing there wouldn't be so many problems in families.
The gifts sound lovely and I'm sure she will treasure them.
Thanks for the flounder recipe but now I have to find out where I can buy it. I'll check tomorrow with our meat supplier. All he ever has is scrod and Haddock, have never seen flounder in the grocery stores and we don't have fish markets like they do in S0 Jersey

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...