Friday, August 24, 2007

Thursday, August 23: After WW, I just vegetated, more or less. Got a lot of wash done, went to Acme, straightened up, and so on. The high point of the day was calling my friend, Pat R.--on the tellyphone!! This was a radical departure from our usual mode of communication (just what you see typed out in front of you, gentle reader) and it gave me such a lift. Funny--if we had had computers with blogs, e-mail, and so on first, and later the phone, we'd be thrilled and astounded at actually being able to TALK to people and not just read their words. Wonders will never cease... Anyway, I so much enjoyed talking to Pat, one of those people I feel I've known forever (well, sorta--we have a commonality of memory, but in a parallel line) and can tell anything.
Alison beamed us some pictures of little Tristan, 3 weeks old today. He doesn't look anything like Joely, more like our side of the family. Can't wait to hold him again.
Must pick up Susan now. Will leave at 11:30 or so for lunch with Terri, hang out at Rider until the party at 4:00, then pick Karen up at 6:00 to bring her down for the weekend. All is well...

No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...