Saturday, August 04, 2007

The cleaners didn't get here until after 11:00 yesterday and I was annoyed with that. I gave them "a talk" about the large chip off the lid of my porcelain canister in the kitchen that happened last time, then felt ashamed. Who am I, some grand lady yelling at the servants and who the hell cares about this container, which I got with its mate at a yard sale in Margate? Geez, no wonder poor people start revolutions.
I don't like to go out while they're here, but I had a lunch date with Mary Ann Van O. and Pat was here, so I left him the check and tips. As it turned out, the house look great when I got back and I called the service to tell them that.
Auntie Ellen called to discuss baby Tristan and we had a good chat.
Lunch was nice. Mary Ann suggested a little bakery/restaurant nearby, fine with me, but we went there and were surprised to see it's closed. Went to good old Dockside, instead, and yes, I got the Caesar salad. Ate half and took the other half home.
Mary Ann's husband, Bart, has emphysema as serious as Pat's and we get together every few months. She called me later to tell me the results of another of Bart's maladies--no matter what, but just another sad signal of aging.
Tried to call Jen at the hospital, just to say "hello," but couldn't get through for some reason. She goes home today, so I'll catch her there. Alison should be down today to help me weed and do a few other chores. I don't want to keep her too long, as I know she has a lot of other commitments.
Gave Pat a frozen dinner (well, so what? I usually have something a lot more elaborate) then jumped in the shower and dressed to go to the Little Egg show. Fred and Marge picked me up.
The performance ("Tony and the Heiress") was good, although when I work there giving out programs tonight, I'll tell them some of the lines were difficult to hear. One of the players sang "Danny Boy" and there wasn't a dry eye in the house.
Got home about 9:00 and enjoyed the usual with Pat...
No, not that--I mean popcorn and popsicles!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear ya Mimi, getting good help is a chore in itself these days! We beat our girl regularly just to make sure she doesn't get too uppity.

Toodles.

Mimi said...

Don't be snide, Anon!

iloveac said...

I think you were angry because they left the last time without telling you. If they had....You would have said not to worry. But discovering it yourself, angered you. And even if you got it at a garage sale....that's not the point.

Regarding that last line I was happy to see you and Pat are still the sex maniacs you were when you were popping babies just a few years ago. Oh, I forgot...you were just good Catholics. LOL.

Mimi said...

Oh, is THAT how we got all those kids? Damn, I thought it was something in the water.

Tuesday And Noreen

I had planned to go to Verizon first before my lunch with Noreen. It's down Mills Street from the mall, where the transit center is, too...