Monday, July 09, 2007

Was late rolling out of bed this morning (6:25), so this will be short. Yesterday was one of those satisfying catching-up days. I changed the linens on our bed and in the guest room, washed the sheets, did several loads of other wash, dusted a little, straightened up, and generally got back to normal.
After lunch, Pat's friend, John, called to warn him there was a boat race at the bay on Green Street, so not to go, but he had already left. I drove down to our mayor's place, "My Three Sons" produce, and got good Jersey cantaloupes, tomatoes, and plums. On the way home, stopped down Green Street, but the race was still going on and it was lined with cars. Later, Pat told me he had gone down a side area where he had a good view of the race.
I had thought I might get to the pool--it's really hot--but busied myself around here so much I never got to it. Maybe today.
Talked to Ellen, made flounder and salmon for dinner, went out and watered the flowers, jumped in the shower, then settled down for an hour with my usual p. and w.
All in all, a kind of "holding" day, but satisfying.

No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...