Monday, April 02, 2007

Our visit with Bill and Regina was delightful. We got there about 2:00 and they served a great dinner of ham, fresh asparagus, hot rolls, and other veggies at 3:00. Because we hadn't had lunch, I was starved and, as the French say, "Appetite is the best sauce," meaning food tastes best when you're hungry--duh! Of course, our talking, laughing, and reminiscing was even more enjoyable. Gee, it's funny: The conversation seemed to keep coming back to doctors' visits, medications, and aches and pains, just as if we were old people. Odd.
B. and R. don't go out a lot and Regina worries about Bill's driving, but I'm hoping we can have them over. I told them I'd be glad to pick them up--or maybe I'll invite Pat's niece, Donna, too. She had offered to go get them before and she's about 20 minutes closer than we are.
Note to HSHS alums: Bill and Regina graduated from our alma mater and, in the seventies, R. was school nurse there for several years.

5 comments:

iloveac said...

I don't know why I don't remember Regina Molloy since I graduated in '77..I keep hitting the wrong key ....meant to type '75...face it Pat is was '57. Talk about OLD.

I understand Regina not being comfortable with Bill's driving. We've had many disagreements about this. I complained too many times about horns blowing at us when Rich drives. He always says it's the other guy's fault. Not so. Anyhow, he has agreed when I'm with him....I drive. I pray when he drives alone over to Norfolk to meet his son for lunch that all will be OK. He's not dangerous, but I am too nervous when he drives and I am sitting next to him. On long Interstate roads I'm OK with him at the wheel.

Dee's Blog said...

So glad that your dinner went well with Bill and Regina. I'm not a lover of Ham so I never make it. I was reading some literature on vitamin K (I have to watch this because of my coumadin)and made the horrible discovery that liver has vitamin K. I was quite distraut as I love Liver smothered in onions. Bob will still insist on having it, it is one of his favorites also. As far as Doctors appts and thinking like ole people Rosemary we are ole people. When I retired 9 years ago I was 62 and I was in good health and thought I'd be like that until death. Surprise!! Well I still think I can do everything I want after they find a reliever for this pain. I'm not giving up just yet.

Mimi said...

When we go somewhere together, I always drive. Pat usually drives himself only when he goes to the bay, which is about 3 miles away and 25 mph.
Good for you, Dee, in not giving up. I always say when you want something, you should kick and scream and hang on til you're dead and for three days after that.
It's incredible that you like liver--I thought I was the only living creature who did! I love it and often order it out--never heard of vitamin K.

Dee's Blog said...

Vitamin K is a blood coagulant (sp?) You'd bleed to death if you don't have it. Vitamin K is found in green leafy veggies such as spinach, cabbage, collards etc. When you are taking coumadin it thins your blood therefore if you consume too much K you are defeating the purpose of the medication.

iloveac said...

Liver.....YUK! My mother used to say eat some bread with it to get it down....yuk still.
However, I LOVE liverwurst...if it wasn't so bad for my cholesterol..I'd eat it everyday.

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...