Sunday, April 29, 2007

Skipped the Barneget flea market in favor of a house sale in Ventnor. (Actually, I just like to go in old houses.) On my way down, brother Jim called, but I missed it. Called him back after I parked and got him and SIL Therese and the three of us had a nice chat. They were asking about Betty and I was able to reassure them she was much better. Told them she'd enjoy hearing from them and they said they'd call.
The house on Melbourne was one of the great old 1900-ish kind, with a center hall, a sunporch, big living and dining rooms, and less-than-ideal kitchen. I bought a few little things, including a real find: a small casserole, glaze over terra cotta in a rich bronze color. It's beautiful.
Alison called to ask if we needed help with anything over the weekend--we don't--and to invite us to dinner tonight. Great! I'm going to bring my zucchini/ tomato/onion dish so I get to use my new mandolin AND my new casserole.
Ran out after dinner (beef tips and string beans) to get what used to be called a "fanny pack" so I can carry some things on today's Walk America. Will go to the R.'s (3 doors down) about 7:15; registration's at 8 and the walk starts at 9:00.
Didn't Julianne the potatoes because I can't find a recipe for making them--maybe I'm misspelling it.
P.S. Has anyone else noticed the prevalence of boy-and-girl twins among celebrities? There seem to be so many of them, I'm convinced they get some kind of procedure (the "farming" and implanting of eggs, maybe?) to enable them to bypass traditional pregnancy and to insure one of each. Whaddya think?

2 comments:

EBJ said...

There is a way of,"farming" eggs to get the sex you want. Of course it involves killing lots of babies of the wrong sex. I know this is the way Julia Roberts got her twins.

I am home and doing well. I'll blog on today.

iloveac said...

Rosemary,
I hadn't noticed about the celebrity twins. That's just awful to kill off the ones they don't want, but that's what happenes often times with fertilization treatments, right? Many more eggs gets fertilized than the couple wants and they are reduced. It's also a major problem with all the frozen embryos....but that's another whole topic too long for a blog.

Rosemary I still call my 'fanny pack' by that name. Are they now called something else?

By now the walk is completed....I'm sure you enjoyed it. Of course that assumes you had good weather. Be sure to soak your tootsies tonight.

Best of all.....to see you are back home Betty. There's nothing like your own bed. So glad you are also back to blogging. Your body has been thru so much, be sure to ease back into things...as if I had to tell you that. Prayers of thanksgiving have already been said.

Wednesday And Choosing Sides

I did some filing and cleaning up in the morning; also emailed the office that I need a new toilet seat. Left at 10:30 and got the 11 bus to...