Sunday, April 15, 2007

Invited Susan to come for dinner on Thursday while Walter's in Canada (he's a native of Ontario). I'll invite Judy and Roman, too, as we've been to so many parties at their house.
Oh, gentle reader, do you think this urge to hospitality just springs from my warm and loving heart? Do you trustingly assume I don't have an ulterior motive for this neighborly gesture?
Don't be funny. This will force me to clean off the dining room table, still covered with loose photos to be sorted, and to do something--what?--with the stacks of framed pictures piled on the beds in the guest room. Well, maybe I could just close the door...no, Rosemary! That's a temptation you must resist! This is my golden opportunity to GET RID OF THE CRAP and I must seize the moment.
Will keep you posted.
Nothing much went on yesterday except for a gift I received in the mail. Every time I think I don't really live in Bazarro World, something like this happens: Atlantic Imaging sent me a picture of my living heart!!
In full color!! Suitable for framing!! The note with it says--I swear, I'm not making this up--"Enclosed please find your souvenir image, compliments of Atlantic Medical Imaging."
Oh, joy! Oh, happy day! You never know how bereft you've been until you get a picture of your nice, plump, beating heart, full of spongy scarlet flesh, veins snaking here and there, throbbing with blood--AAGH!!
As my mother-in-law used to say, "It's a great life if you don't weaken."

2 comments:

iloveac said...

A picture of your heart...gross. Do they think someone would just love to have such a thing...guess they do.

If I were to have folks in for dinner....I'd be a nervous wreck...I'd have to have it catered....not much creativity in my soul. Nobody does that around here and I'm kinda glad...don't have to send regrets. We've done some small things when we first moved here...but that's all. I bet you'll have fun.

It's so hard to decide what to do with all those photos...and the framed ones even harder. How much wall space do you have? If you threw out one of the kids 8th grade framed photos...the world would come tumbling down. You might never forgive yourself.

IDEA: sort the pics of family members and save the ones you can nicely display (ha ha nicely) and pack up the others and send them to the person in the photo.
I finally gave lots of Rich's kids' pics to them...more than likely they are in their garages til they decide what to do with them.

I get lots of pics at Xmas from friends and their kids...sometimes the adults themselves. I like them, but after a few wks I throw them out....I have no where to store them. Hope they don't mind. Better they don't know, huh?
HARD QUESTION...what will you do with the photos I sent you of me? AHA...they better be in a prime display...ya never known when I'll knock on your door.
When Rich used to go home to Kansas City, his mother used to display all the pics of his family...he thinks they got put away when they left. Good idea if your kids only visit every few months or so.

Mimi said...

I have plenty of wall space in the guest room and hall. One of these days (when?) I want to hang a lot of the pictures, just am trying to decide which. I have pictures not only from our other houses, but from my office at Rider and I do mean a lot of them. I've already taken about two dozen out of their frames, kept the pics, and donated the frames to Habitat.
As for giving them to the kids, I've assembled large containers for each of them with some of their school pictures, their report cards, papers from school, and so on and they're in the garage. Our single children may not want them, but the two with children themselves may--we'll see. A lot of the pictures I want to display are of my parents when they were young (I have my father's college graduation picture, for instance--not sure if it's when he got his bachelor's or graduate degree) and my mother's wedding picture.
I'm toying wiht the idea of framing the charming picture of my heart and putting it in the bathroom...

Tuesday And Noreen

I had planned to go to Verizon first before my lunch with Noreen. It's down Mills Street from the mall, where the transit center is, too...