Friday, April 13, 2007

After the angiography test, I donned my domestic goddess hat and puttered around the house. Did several loads of wash, put away the Easter decorations (thanks to my purging, they fit easily into one modest container), then finally turned my attention to the resume of an acquaintance I had agreed to critique. I'm happy to rev up my HR expertise--such as it is--for people I know and I had received this resume via e-mail a few weeks ago. For some reason, I kept putting off examining it, but when I finally did yesterday, it became absorbing. I wrote out a full page of comments, ideas, and suggestions, and sent it off. Hope it helps.
Leslie said she's going to start a blog--great!--and on Sunday, she and I are going to a planning meeting in Absecon for the "boots of the fallen" project. Her handsome groom, Dennis, is coming over this afternoon to discuss our personal project--the built-ins (desk and cabinets, etc.) we're having him install in the study.
Called out for dinner last night--veal parm for Pat, spaghetti for me. Later, happily sipped my wine, then went to bed early, having tossed and turned the night before. (Guess I was more apprehensive about the plaque test than I realized.) Slept like a log and feel good today. The cleaners are due, the house will be spiffy, and--and--and--
three days to Boston!

2 comments:

iloveac said...

I LOVE Eggplant Parm...would Pat eat that or does it have to be Veal?

Sounds like yesterday went well....I kept checking to see if you added anything to your blog about the experience. I bet you were anxious the night before...even when we're sure we won't be....our bodies sometimes tell our minds differently.

Hey, maybe you could consider a short course at OCCC on 'resume writing'. A few extra sheckels for a new bonnet every now and then would be nice,huh?

Mimi said...

Pat, I did indeed add to my Thursday entry--all about the test. I'd recommend it and feel much easier in my mind about taking the damn medication--see April 12.

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...