Thursday, April 05, 2007

It was raining lightly in the morning, so Susan and I did the "Walk Away the Pounds" tape at the clubhouse. Later, it came down in sheets and I spent most of the day cozily at home. Did several loads of wash (how can two people generate so much--are we particularly clean?), got the preliminary work on the income tax done, and generally devoted the day to domestic chores.
Brother Larry called to ask if I were going to our niece, Chrissy's, wedding in May. I'm planning to if I can arrange things at home. It's in Washington, D.C. with the reception at the historic Mayflower Hotel. Would love to stay there, but Larry said rooms run about $400--gulp! He suggested another place and will look into it. I'm hoping Betty can go, and we can stay in the same room, but with all she has going on--a new little grandson and possible surgery--she may or may not be able to.
Talked to Betty and discussed the pathology report--there's more information on her blog. I told her I had picked up a local restaurant magazine and it had a piece on a guy who collects Zaberer's (the former A.C. landmark) memorabilia and has even "bought" the name. I think he's planning to resurrect it to open a new restaurant; sent Betty the mag. Betty said Z. himself is buried near our family plots in Laurel Memorial; his tombstone carries the restaurant's old slogan, "Minutes Away." (See why I love cemeteries?)

4 comments:

iloveac said...

Maybe Chrissy could get a block of rooms with a nice discount....maybe $395/room..lol. I hope you can go. It'll probably be a great time and you with your new plunging neckline black and white dress.

I could not think of the name of Zaberer's for the life of me last week. So glad you mentioned it. I could swear tho I have seen the tombstone at Holy Cross Cemetery where my parents ane buried. Driving around there...you feel like you know everyone.

Just like the nursing home 'Meadowview'...when you go to see someone you know you always see someone else's mother,father etc. as well.

BTW, I think Meadowview (in Northfield) even tho it is a county home....is one of the best I've ever been in.

EBJ said...

I too think Meadowview is one of the better (if there is such a thing), nursing home.
Pat , Muckie's ex-husband Bob is there and so is my friend Betty Murry's mom. She has been there for over 10 years.

Mimi said...

I didn't know Bob Datesman was there. I guess it happened recently, as the last time Muckie mentioned him, he was living with his wife and they raised dogs.

Dee's Blog said...

Rosemary that wedding sound like it is going to be something special. I hope Betty can go with you, maybe all her problems can be resolved by then. By the way, how are you doing with WW? We haven't heard anything in sometime now. I remember Zaberer it was one of my favorite place when we visited AC.

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...