Monday, April 09, 2007

Had a wonderful Easter at Alison's. Besides J., J., and J., (and little maybe J. in the womb), she had Mike's brothers, David and Brent, and Brent's partner, Stephen, so it was a nice group of ten. The food was great, with ham the centerpiece, and my calico beans went over big. For a first course, Alison served a wonderful butternut squash soup (must get the recipe). It was very light, not creamy or thick at all, and was just right for the meal. Even the color was nice--a pale orangy shade--and the taste was wonderfully flavorful, but very subtle.
Of course, we hid Easter eggs for Joely to find (inside, as the temp out was more like Christmas than Easter) and enjoyed his antics and talk. Big Joel called up the Social Security name web site and he, Jen, and I went through several hundred name listings, debating what we liked and didn't. They can't seem to agree on a name, but Jen is reconciled to "Jayden" IF it's spelled that way, and not "Jaydon." Alison suggested "Jamison" (oh, good lord) and "Tristan" is another possibility they didn't at least actively dislike. Weighty stuff, this.
Just as we got home, Mike called and we talked to him and adorable little Vivian, who told me she had picked up "a starfish 'n' a jelly fish" and thanked me for her Easter gift. She speaks very clearly and I'm not sure, but thought I detected an ever-so-slight accent--British maybe? They're still vacationing in the Philippines and were on their way to the beach; they'll return to Singapore today. Hope Mike adds pictures to her site when they get back.
Was pleased to hear via e-mail from old friend, Lynne, in Delaware. It seems she continues to read my blog and she sent me information on the Coronary PT Angiography I'll undergo on Thursday. New friend, Pat, in Virginia, did the same, and I carefully read both sites. I also found info on the doctor--David Dowe--who instituted the procedure at Atlantic Medical Imaging in Galloway, where I'll have it done. Now I feel comfortable about it, even if the "slowing the heartbeat" part still makes me cringe.
Today, I'll go to the Caregivers' group at Atlanticare for the second time to see if it's worth continuing. If anybody's interested in my reservations about this, see my blog of February 13.

1 comment:

iloveac said...

Rosemary,
Sounds like a good time was had at Alison's yesterday. I'd like that recipe for her soup too....unless it involves 10 steps to prepare. I like easy, delicious things that are 1-2-3 and voila.

I have heard of several children recently with the name Jaedon, Jaedyn, etc with various spellings...boys and girls.
It seems to be popular....I like Jamison if anyone wants to know my opinion...LOL.

I remember your last Caretakers meeting...and look forward to hearing how this one goes.

Monday

 I slept pretty well, I'm happy to say: got up once, but went back until after 6:00.  Got a call from Zak Dental to see if I could come ...