Sunday, April 01, 2007

BIG news: yesterday, I went out and bought clothes! I got a slinky black and white dressy outfit--long skirt, low-cut (for me, that is) top, and over that, a great "coat"--that I'll wear to niece Chrissy's wedding in May. Was considering wearing it to the retirement party for a former Rider colleague I'm attending in a few weeks, but it's too dressy, so I'll get something else. Also bought two bright, pretty spring blouses, one in green stripes, one in pink. AND, I found "leggings," which are like close-fitting pants. Leslie and I both like these and they're been hard to find lately. For my figure--the "apple" type, with slender legs and hips, tubby middle--leggings are flattering. (Got the stuff at Boscov's in Shore Mall--did it exist when you A.C. girls were raising hell around here?)
I called my friend at Notre Dame High School in trying to track down our high school teacher, formerly Sister Gabriel. She had no clue, of course, but suggested I call the school office, then the diocese, which I'll do. Otherwise, I'll call the order itself. My friend said there's only one nun left at Notre Dame; even the principal and other administrators are laypeople. Guess that's a sign of the times.
Talked to Betty, who was leaving for the weekend to go to...well, it's in her blog. She sees the surgeon next week; hope things can move along after that.
Looking forward to seeing Bill and Regina today and will pick up a bunch of daffodils to take them. Love flowers; love spring.

3 comments:

Dee's Blog said...

Your new outfit sound really nice, I never heard of Boscov until my Sister took me there shopping when I was down visiting her. They have some nice things but nothing I could wear. I still have a hard time with clothes because of my height. I have to get most of my slacks from Lane Bryant as they have tall girl slacks.
That is great you are trying to track down Sr Gabriel, keep us posted.

Mimi said...

It's funny how the grass is always greener--elsewhere. I always wanted to be tall. I was 5'4" at my tallest and am probably much shorter now. I always have to take slacks to the woman at the cleaner's to hem. Petites used to be perfect, but now that I've gained so much weight, I can't often find things in that section in my size.

iloveac said...

Rosemary,
Your new outfit sounds smashing. It's fun to get new clothes especially when you have a special occasion to wear them.

No Boscov's is a place I only hear about from folks in NJ. My cousin goes there all the time.

Ladies...you must try Land's end for petite or tall slacks...they'll hem them free of charge. Go online to check their catlog etc. You do pay S&H, but you'd pay the same in gas and time. If you have a Sears store near you...you can return Lands'end things to them.

Rosemary,I hope you find Sr Gabriel....I would definitely go to my reunion if we could get her there....I would even pay her way.

Have an enjoyable dinner with Pat's brother and your SiL.

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...