Sunday, April 22, 2007

Remember that slinky black outfit I bought for my niece's wedding? I took it back yesterday. After trying it on, I realized that 1. I already have a similar long skirt and dressy top combo; 2. It didn't fit all that well--is a little big; and 3. It looks much more like winter than spring. I do want to wear a long dress or skirt, but will look for something in a lighter color and fabric.
Also took back a more mundane combo: a broom/dusting pan, the latter with a long handle. Betty had a similar one and I've coveted it for years. Annoyingly, the rubber lip kept coming off, so I exchanged it for another one.
I then stopped at a produce place and loaded up with red-leaf lettuce (I never buy ice berg), zucchini, tomatoes, mushrooms, tangerines, and onions. Also bought marble bread and chicken breast for lunches, plus kirby cucumbers. These are smaller and plumper than the kind you put in salads and I'll make Crystal Pickles with them, a delicious side dish I like to have on hand for company. (If anyone wants the recipe, let me know.)
It was a gorgeous day, 70 + degrees, and I threw open the windows--love the warm breeze wafting through. Gave Pat the pork medallions left over from our dinner party heated in gravy and I had baked chicken.
Talked to Betty and will call her again today--my 11:00, her 8:00. Today she has to stick to a clear liquid diet in preparation for her surgery tomorrow.
The only bummer of the day was that I went to Acme after dinner and Patrick called while I was gone. I called back right away, but missed him. I have a World Clock program, so will check Tokyo time and try to reach him later.

2 comments:

iloveac said...

Rosemary,
Sounds like a lighter wgt/color fabric will make you look fab u lous dahling for a spring wedding.

Yes, please post crystal pickle recipe.
Also pls post as soon as you hear about your twin tomorrow. She's going to do well and we'll pray she has what we call an 'uneventful' recovery.

Mimi said...

Thanks, Pat, I believe that, too. Talked to her this morning and told her so.
Will post crystal pickle recipe tomorrow.

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...