Thursday, April 26, 2007

Talked to Betty twice, briefly. I'm afraid she's now having a rocky time of it, but I don't want to go into detail. Thank heavens, she has friends who are with her. I spoke to two who are also R.N.'s, so that's good. I'll call her again today.
Finally got the sneaks at Boscov's. I bought Easy Spirit, which I've had before. I have a hard time getting fitted with shoes, as I have a very high instep, plus various corns, bumps, and bunions. For my size (about 5'3") I have big feet--wear a 9 W. Also bought myself a breadbox (we had a mousie in the bread drawer), a mandolin, and some low socks with little pink flowers on them. Why did I buy socks with little pink flowers on them? Dunno.
After lunch, got my hair cut and it looks good. Now I'm wondering if I should get another perm, scheduled in two weeks.
Went to the fashion show meeting at 3:00. I'm going to drive Kathy D., Pat H., and Barb H. to Penney's on Monday, May 14 and we'll try on and choose our outfits. The theme is "Casual Elegance"--geez, I hope I can find something that doesn't make me look more like everyday sloppy.
Pat is going to lunch tomorrow with Gentleman's Club members, Frank D. and Gary L. Ray can't go, as he and Barb are helping the Red Cross with a blood drive in Atlantic City.
Leslie sent some pictures of little Leo as he turned 3 last week. He's adorable and I was glad to see again the reason I'm participating in Sunday's Walk America for the March of Dimes.
Bought a new seasoning (Emeril's) called "essential essence," and put it on chicken legs with Pam, then baked them. Really, really good.
Okay--it's Weigh Day. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

iloveac said...

Sorry to hear about Betty's discomfort. Very often the 2nd Post op day is the hardest. Everything is 'waking up' and you know you had surgery. Hopefully her discomfort is short lived.

I had a good chuckle reading your sentence hoping your casual elegance doesn't come across as everyday sloppy. Great contrast....I'm still laughing. I LOVE IT.

Yeah, you do have big feet girl....but mine are bigger,and I ain't gonna tell tell you how much bigger even if I am taller than you....mine are big, but alas narrow. Otherwise I would look like Frankenstein in my walking shoes. Thank God we can still walk.

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...