Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Quiet, but productive, day yesterday. I succeeded in sorting my two boxes of Halloween stuff and winnowing it down to one. Will donate the rest. Also emptied the last two of the (large!) containers with old pictures and am at the stage of tossing the envelopes they were in. It will take an age to separate and categorize them, but I've at least finally gotten to all of them.
Now I have to turn my attention to income tax. We've used the same CPA for 20 years, but he's up in Hopewell and that's about an hour and a half drive. I might do what I did last year: Ask him to get an extension (you can get one for any reason), then put all the info in an envelope and mail it to him. Last year, that's what he said I could do (Pat was in the hospital then) and it worked out fine, although I didn't get around to it until July or so and I really don't want to do it so late. I could also just get somebody around here, or go to the Senior Center where they have volunteers (I didn't work in 2006 and it probably isn't complicated), but for some reason, I never do that. Oh, I almost forgot! Ellen did hers on Turbo Tax and she's sending me the program to see if I can do it myself. Okay, problem solved, I'll just wait for that.
Viv and I in touch by e-mail. Besides the Wellspouse dinner meeting next week (it's in Manalapan--there, I remembered! Well, I checked), we're going to an all-day Caregivers' Workshop in May at Robert Wood Johnson Hospital in New Brunswick. I'm also attending the Atlanticare Caregivers' Group this Monday.
The reason I like to go to these things isn't so much because I think I'll learn something useful--for Pat's conditions, I never do--but because I just like getting out and meeting people. That's the truth and I don't care who knows it.

1 comment:

iloveac said...

I understand completely. That's the primary reason I volunteer or go to the gym...I meet super nice people.

Besides at the functions you are going to go to..they'll probably feed you....well, not feed you, but provide you with food so you can feed yourself....LOL

Rich does our taxes and if anything happens to him I'll be in "deep kim-chi" cause I haven't done them since I was a bachelorette.

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...