Friday, April 27, 2007

Betty sounds better, although she's has some problems. I did talk to her daughter, Carolyn, who said the doctor indicated she was going through a normal progression after the surgery. Betty said she may actually go home today, but Carolyn thought not. The very best news is that the doctor said there's no spread of the cancer, it's gone, and the only follow-up procedure is a colonscopy in two years.
Picked up Leslie and Mary S. for Weight Watchers and was pleased at my 2.8 loss. I'm glad to be back on the program as I always feel much better when I'm not slowing myself down with food that can kill me. Went to the store and got Boca Burgers (only 1 point). Used my new mandolin to slice a red onion for my salad, and loved playing with my new toy. I sliced up so many zucchini, the results filled a huge casserole. They were all perfectly sliced and all beautifully uniform--what a thrill! Now I'm looking around for more things to slice. Think I'll julienne some potatoes next--whee!
Hmm...I sent for a Wizard Chopper weeks ago and it still hasn't come. Naturally, they didn't overlook charging my bank account $19.95, but it's a legitimate company, so it think it just takes awhile.
Caught just the last few minutes of the "debate" of democratic candidates on NBC last night. Clearly, they had all been provided with talking points, elocution lessons, rehearsal of gestures, and all the other trappings of dishonesty by their stables of advisers. This is the practice of present-day politics. The only ones who made any actual sense were Kunich (anti-war and I think it's misspelled) and the old guy--can't even remember his name--who railed against the military/industrial stranglehold on this country. Of course, both can be dismissed as candidates right now because they're not physically attractive. Edwards seemed to me to come across as sanctimonious and opportunistic (well, which ones aren't?), invoking his wife, his father, and God as his chief moral leaders. Ho-hum. Yes, Obama is a good speaker and seemed passionate about his ideals, but it's hard to know if it was real passion or play-acting, his ideals or the ones calculated to appeal.
I think the present front-runners confirm that my party has a death wish. This country will not elect a black or a woman to the presidency in the next--at least--20 years.
I'm looking forward to going to a play--"Angel Street"--with Leslie and Dennis tonight. It's presented by our Little Egg Players, to which I used to belong. I had to withdraw because I just couldn't put the time in to it, but still love to see their performances.
Have been enduring insomnia for the past few nights--darn, it's annoying, but if that's all I have to worry about, it's okay.

1 comment:

Dee's Blog said...

Way to go girl!!! Your on a roll now with this diet. don't slack off. This demand feeding is working out fine for me. The Doctor told me I had lost 5 lbs in a months, just got on the scale and lost another 3, hope I can keep it up, I need to lose 50 lbs or maybe 40.

Thursday

Up and at 'em after a pretty good sleep. Didn't do a whole lot in the morning besides making my lunch. Left about 10:30 to meet Dian...